More Information

Monday, October 21, 2013

A "Woman with a Purpose" Writes About Her ACTS Retreat Experience

The author of the the blog "Woman with a Purpose" wrote about her anxiety leading up to going on an ACTS Retreat.

If you have asked someone what it is about…they probably didn’t tell you. Before I went on my ACTS retreat, I dug around the Internet, asked parish members and still couldn’t find answers. “I can’t tell you exactly what we do, but I can tell you that you should definitely go and experience it,” was the canned answer I got from everyone.

Click to see how she felt after the retreat.


Though I have promised not to talk about the rest of my retreat or give away the secrets, this is what I will tell you about it:
  1. There was an amazing team of people who were there to help, guide, feed and serve us from a place of genuine love.
  2. I was brought into a much more regular practice of my faith that has continued. No longer do I “just go to mass,” but I have become an active participant. I find myself praying the Rosary, Divine Mercy Chaplet, reading the Magnificat, studying scripture and really engaging with God in a deeper way.
  3. I met people who were real believers, not just ‘cafeteria Catholics,’ but women with a real living relationship with Jesus Christ. These women were not perfect and many have struggles, just like me, but they were beautiful.
So, what happens at an Acts Retreat anyway?

I can’t tell you exactly what we do, but I can tell you that you should definitely go and experience it.

Read the whole story at the Woman with a Purpose Blog.